New York City is the most populous and most visited city in the United States. From the best times to visit, getting around, excellent hotels, and best dining, we have all the details you need to make your New York City stay a success. We find the best flight deals from major airlines around the world to the JFK, EWR, or LGA airports depending on your preference.
Interested in Booking a flight to New York?
Call Today To Redeem Deals | 1-888-290-1297
Top Things To Do In New York
Facts About New York City
New York City is also known as “The Big Apple,” “NYC,” or just “New York.”
New York City is the most populous city in the United States with over 8 million residents.
The New York Metropolitan Area is the largest metropolitan area in the United States with a population of approximately 19 million, including lower New York, northern New Jersey, and southwestern Connecticut.
The 5 boroughs of New York City are Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island.
Hundreds of languages are spoken in New York City, making it the world’s most linguistically diverse city.
Immigrants (and their descendants) from over 180 countries live in New York City.
New York City was the first capital of the United States.
New York City has over 700 miles of subway track.
Top Attractions In New York
– When your cheap business class or first class flights land in New York City, make sure to visit Central Park. Spanning over 800 acres in Manhattan, Central Park is the most well-known urban park worldwide. Visit for free from 6:00am until 1:00am daily. The Visitor Centers provide maps and information about tours, attractions, activities, events, and dining. Ask our gurus about cheap hotel deals for hotels overlooking Central Park.
Statue of Liberty
– This symbolic American landmark is situated atop Liberty Island in New York Harbor. It was given to the United States by France in 1886 to commemorate the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Also referred to as Lady Liberty, the statue stands tall at 305 feet. Take a tour to learn more about this iconic monument and the adjacent Ellis Island. To visit the statue, take a ferry from Battery Park in Lower Manhattan.
Empire State Building
– From the top of the Empire State Building, you can enjoy a panoramic view of New York City, including popular landmarks, such as Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, the Brooklyn Bridge, and much more. There are 2 observation decks, as well as exhibits to enjoy. When you arrive at the Empire State Building, you will first visit the historic Art Deco-inspired lobby with impressive ceiling murals before heading to the 2nd floor Visitors’ Center to buy or print tickets and go through security. An elevator then takes you to the Main Deck on the 86th floor.
– Flights to New York City give visitors the opportunity to visit the legendary Times Square. This busy pedestrian crossroads is known for entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District. It is easily recognizable for its large, eye-catching billboards and advertisements. Before or after seeing a Broadway show, dine at the most well-known New York City restaurants on Restaurant Row between Broadway and 9th Avenue for a selection of eateries ranging from cheap eats to fine dining.
Metropolitan Museum of Art
– Known simply as “The Met,” this is the largest art museum in the United States, and one of the most visited art museums worldwide. The collection spans over 5,000 years and features art from all over the world, plus over 20,000 photographs from the past 80 years. Your admission pass lets you visit all 3 locations in New York City – The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters. Every month, The Met offers hundreds of events and programs, including lectures, films, performances, guided tours, family activities, and more.
Best Times To Visit New York City
Any time of year is a great time to take cheap luxury flights to New York City. Each season in New York City offers many reasons to visit. During early fall, visitors can enjoy the crisp air, sunshine, and pleasant temperatures. Late fall and winter offer holiday cheer, including the popular Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, as well as holiday decorations throughout the city. Spring is also a beautiful time to visit New York City. Springtime visitors enjoy outdoor shopping, relaxing in Central Park, and dining outside. Summer is hot, but that doesn’t stop anyone from visiting New York City. It’s still as crowded as ever during the summertime. So, pack your bags any time of year, and hop on cheap business class or first class flights to New York City.
Weather In New York City
–From March through May in New York City, expect warmer weather with daytime temperatures ranging from the upper 40s in March to the upper 60s in May. If you book your air travel to New York City during the spring, be sure to pack accordingly for rain, which occurs often.
–The summer season from June through August is the hottest in New York, as well as the most popular time to visit. Expect high humidity and average daytime temperatures in the 80s.
– From September through November in New York City, expect average daytime temperatures in the 60s and 70s. Temperatures tend to drop slightly in November, so be sure to pack accordingly if you’re visiting the city for Thanksgiving.
–Christmastime in New York City is a popular time to visit, despite the chilly temperatures. If you decide to book cheap flights to New York City after the holidays in January and February, expect temperatures in the 20s and 30s.
New York City Tour Options
Central Park Bicycle Tour
– Explore Central Park via bicycle during this popular 2-hour tour. Thousands of visitors from around the world enjoy this unique New York City tour, exploring this iconic park’s most famous attractions, such as Tavern on the Green, Strawberry Fields, The Dakota, Shakespeare Garden, The Reservoir, Central Park Carousel, Sheep Meadow, Cleopatra’s Needle, and much more. Your ticket includes bike rental, helmet, and tour guide.
Grand Central Station Tour
– Learn the history of this landmark train terminal when you visit New York City. The daily tour focuses on design and historical preservation. Restored in the 1990s, this train terminal was originally built between 1903 and 1913 for the New York Central Railroad. It is the largest train station in the world and a popular New York City attraction. Tour highlights include the Main Concourse with giant arched windows, the famous four-faced clock, grand staircases, and chandeliers, as well as the Beaux Arts exterior with statues and a Tiffany glass clock.
Times Square History Tour
– or an overview of Times Square, take this tour that focuses on the area’s history, trivia, architecture, and points of interest. Each tour accommodates a maximum of 8 people, which allows for a more personalized experience. Your guide is like a friend showing you around the neighborhood. The tour occurs 6 times every day and departs from the Times Square Museum & Visitor Center.Purchase tickets online or by phone.
Transportation In New York City
– Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is high-speed rail service connecting New York City to its surrounding areas and SFO, the New York City airport.Fares depend on distance. Buy tickets from the machines in the stations. Children under 4 years old ride free. Trains run every 15 to 20 minutes, Monday through Friday between 4am and midnight, Saturday from 6am to midnight, and Sunday between 8am and midnight.
– An inexpensive way to get around New York City is by bus. New York City buses accept tokens, exact change, or MetroCards. MetroCard offers a 1-day pass and a 7-day unlimited ride pass. If you use the MetroCard and need to transfer to another bus or the subway, the ride is free. Buses are not immune to the heavy traffic in New York City, so plan accordingly.
– With over 450 stations in operation, the New York City subway system is one of the world’s largest and most extensive rapid transit systems. Avoid midtown traffic by taking the subway instead of a bus or a taxi. You can buy a MetroCard in any subway station. It’s a good idea to plan your route beforehand. The subway is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Refer to the different lines by the letter or number, and remember that most trains are marked “Uptown” or “Downtown.” The station’s maps are really helpful, if you need assistance.
Best Restaurants In New York City
New York City excels at every type of restaurant. From upscale celebrity chef restaurants, to trendy hangouts, to casual bistros, to fast food, there’s something for all diners in New York City. Specific neighborhoods, especially in Queens, really standout for the wide variety of cuisine available. Book cheap luxury flights to New York City to experience this foodie paradise firsthand.
Eleven Madison Park
–After your arrive in New York City, continue your luxury travel experience by dining at this 3 Michelin-starred Madison Avenue restaurant. The contemporary American multi-course menu focuses on locally sourced New York ingredients, and it can be adapted to the meet the needs of diners with dietary restrictions. Expect impeccable service in an Art Deco dining room.
–Since 2004, this upscale New York City restaurant in Time Warner Center has delighted diners from around the world. Enjoy impressive views of Central Park while eating New American and French cuisine in a casual yet elegant dining room. Per Se is one of the most expensive restaurants in the world.
–With a 3 Michelin star rating and international acclaim, it’s no wonder why this is one of the most highly regarded seafood restaurants. For over 20 years, it has been a staple in the New York City culinary scene. Foodies book flights to New York City to savor the excellent food and wine here.
Patsy’s Italian Restaurant
–This well-known, family-owned Italian restaurant is located in the Theater District of New York City in Midtown Manhattan. Since 1944, Patsy’s has been serving signature dishes, like veal chops, spicy lobster, calamari stuffed with seafood, and shrimp scampi, to hungry locals and visitors. With an extremely loyal following of regulars, foodies, celebrities, and tourists, Patsy’s has become a New York City institution. It is known as the restaurant made famous by Frank Sinatra.
–This popular New York City restaurant serves traditional Lebanese food with modern updates. The creative cocktails are also a big draw for patrons of this establishment. Expect topnotch hospitality when you dine here. The spacious dining area is ideal for large groups.
–With 2 locations in the East Village and Midtown, this beloved Japanese eatery is known worldwide for its ramen. The traditional Japanese ramen culture is represented here in a modern, inventive way. Expect the highest quality ramen, service, and beverages during your visit.
–Diners flock to this small West Greenwich Village bistro for its delicious yet cheap burgers and beer. It’s always crowded, but the burgers are considered some of the best in New York City, so it’s worth the wait. Open from 11:30am to 4am, so stop by for lunch, dinner, or a late night snack.
–Since 1975, this iconic pizzeria has been serving fresh slices right out of the oven to hungry New Yorkers and tourists on the go. On the menu is the quintessential New York pizza that every tourist should try during a visit to New York City. Authentic pizza and reliable service is the winning combination here that keeps people coming back again and again.
-Founded in 1916 as a nickel hot dog stand, Nathan’s is now the world’s most famous hot dog with locations across the globe and products in all American supermarkets. The original Nathan’s restaurant is located in the Coney Island neighborhood of the Brooklyn borough of New York City. Year-round service is provided inside, and extra walk-up windows are open in the summer.
Best Luxury Hotels In New York City
–Just steps away from Central Park, you’ll find this famous hotel set in a historic building circa 1926. Amenities include a luxurious spa, a gym with various fitness classes, and free bike rentals. Enjoy a gourmet meal at the Daniel Boulud restaurant, and sip cocktails at the seasonal rooftop bar and garden.
Lotte New York Palace
–Travel to Midtown Manhattan to stay in this luxury New York City hotel housed in the historic Villard Mansion and a contemporary 55-story tower. You may recognize this iconic hotel from its role in the popular TV series Gossip Girl. Features include over 900 expansive rooms and suites, a modern fitness center, and fine dining.
The London NYC
–Centrally located in the heart of Midtown, this upscale high-rise hotel is just a few blocks away from Central Park and Times Square. With spacious suites, a fitness club, 24/7 room service, and 2 Gordon Ramsay restaurants, this hotel is sure to provide guests with a comfortable stay in New York City.
–Across from Central Park, this historic luxury hotel resembles a castle. The French design and décor creates the elegant ambiance of the guestrooms. Suite guests can enjoy impressive views of New York City. Amenities include butler service, a fitness center, a spa, and business facilities. Dining options include numerous renowned restaurants.
–Located on Madison Avenue in a landmark 1927 building, this exclusive hotel is within walking distance of Central Park. Recent renovations resulted in a chic French style with modern American luxuries. This family-friendly hotel also offers a variety of amenities for children.